Let’s make a starter with Futurelife ® Bread
Futurelife ® brings you Low GI, High Fibre, nutrient-dense goodness from a carefully selected blend of 3 ancient grains, 2 seeds and rolled oats all in a delicious, High Protein, NON-GMO and vegan-friendly brown bread.
- High in Protein and contains 19 amino acids.
- It has a low Glycaemic Index (GI), providing a sustained energy release over a longer period of time therefore keeping you fuller for longer and improving blood glucose control.
- It is high in Dietary Fibre.
- Contains 9% mixed grains and seeds.
- It is non-GMO. For more information click here: futurelife.co.za/thescience/non-gmo
- It is a source of Omega-3 fatty acids.
- Low in saturated fat.
- Naturally free from cholesterol.
CREAMY TOMATO SOUP WITH HEALTHY HOMEMADE CROUTONS
FEATURING FUTURELIFE® HIGH PROTEIN ANCIENT GRAIN BROWN BREAD
- 4 slices Futurelife ® High protein ancient grain brown bread
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp fresh garlic
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- pepper to taste
- 100g diced leeks
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp fresh garlic
- 1 can tinned tomatoes (400g)
- Vegan chicken stock powder
- 1 Tbsp diced fresh basil
Method – croutons:
Toast the bread slices until lightly toasted on both sides. Mix together the oil, salt, garlic, herbs and pepper. Cut the toast into desired sizes and lightly coat with the oil mixture on both sides. Bake this on a wire rack for 25 minutes (15 minutes at 180*C and 10 minutes at 100*C). Allow this to cool in the oven to dry out completely. Store in an airtight container to keep fresh.
Method – soup:
Add the oil, garlic and leeks to a medium sized pot. Let the leeks sweat for around 5 minutes until soft. Add in the tinned tomatoes. Add in one tablespoon chicken stock powder to the empty tin. Fill the tin with boiling water and mix well. Add this stock (from the tin) to the pot. Bring this mixture to the boil, add in your fresh basil and simmer for 20 minutes. Blend well – until smooth. Serve with freshly baked croutons, coconut cream drizzle and some more fresh basil.
Find out more about Futurelife ® High Protein Bread here – https://futurelife.co.za/product/high-protein-brown-bread/