Vegan Homemade Rollos
These are sweet, melty, chocolatey and the caramel is to die for using vegan condensed milk here to make a toffee filling – almost fudge like! YUM!
Vegan Caramel Ingredients:
- 320g vegan condensed milk
- 100g vegan butter
- 400g white sugar
- 75ml plant-based milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
Over medium-low heat, melt the butter, sugar, milk and vanilla essence in a medium saucepan. Add the condensed milk. While the sauce thickens over the next 5-7 minutes, continue to gently whisk the mixture until it thickens and the sugar melts fully. Once the sugar has melted, stop whisking and stir every now and then. Allow to cook until the mixture has turned to a little darker amber color to get a deeper caramel flavor. When the caramel starts to ‘stick’ to the sides of the saucepan but it still liquid, remove from the heat. COOL DOWN SLIGHTLY BEFORE USE.
How to assemble:
- Note – make sure to choose a silicone mold and spray with Spray and Cook before use
- Fill molds with melted dark chocolate – overflow each depression of your mold with melted chocolate
- Distribute Chocolate – use a toothpick or a small spatula to get the chocolate to drop all of the way into the mold
- Cool – set the mold in a refrigerator for about an hour or in a freezer for about ten minutes to let the chocolate harden
- Then, you’re going to fill the bonbons. Pour the caramel filling into the bonbons almost to the top of each
- Cool – set the mold in a refrigerator for a few hours to let the caramel set
- Close the Bonbons- to close them, spoon more melted chocolate over the top of the mold
- Cool as before. Then, tap the molds on the counter to extract the bonbons!